|May - 2013|
|View month events|
Being part of a highly research-oriented institution, the Faculty of Economics plays a key role in economy-oriented studies conducted in Hungary. The Faculty’s staff is regularly involved in both theory-oriented and applied economic research. As for theory-oriented research, the nationally and internationally outstanding studies are the ones focusing on international economics, finance or management. As for applied economic research, the most notable studies have a focus on, among others, economic policies or human resource economics. The expertise in conducting research provides a firm background to the Faculty’s bachelor, master and PhD programs, and ensures that students receive nationally and internationally recognized top education at all levels.
- The centre of the research is the thorough examination of the economic, financial, and social problems of the market economy after the transition period;
- One part of the research focuses on the theoretical background of European integration, whereas the other part addresses the practical questions of the transition;
- The study has to implement the ideas described in the most recent literature on Euro-Atlantic relations.
Main research fields
- Fiscal and monetary policies in the period of European integration, the economy of the monetary union, capital absorption capacity;
- The Liberalization of the financial sphere;
- The common and divergent traits of world economic and business economic approaches (in the frame of trans-nationalization procedures);
- Regional integration, European integration, EU economic policies, state sovereignty and economic policy practices, real and nominal convergence;
- Game theory, mathematical statistics, mathematical modelling of economic systems;
- Problems of the labour force, flexibility requirements, questions regarding the implementation of human resource;
- The methodological problems of examining levels of living (e.g., poverty, consumer price index);
Last modified: 2013.04.17.